Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Festivities...

What a great 4th of July! We started out at the parade, where you can see that everyone took advantage of the water fight at the end! It was lots of fun. Olivia loves to get wet, but the trucks that come by to spray everyone kind of intimidated her, so she got a little nervous. My nephews played a trick on me to get my camera away from me so they could dump a bucket of water on me! They got me good. After lunch we went to the "carnival" so the kids could play on the big blow up slides. Then it was barbecue time and cake and ice cream for Daddy's birthday! We love to celebrate his birthday on the 4th with everyone there. Unfortunately, I was holding the cake and didn't get pictures of the big man blowing out his candles. Then it was time for the fireworks! Of course my brother came through with LOADS of fireworks and sparklers for the kids. It's so nice to sit in my front yard and have a great view of the city fireworks show that is so great every year. Overall it was a perfect day and the clouds even stuck around to make the heat bearable. I love the 4th!!!


No comments: