Sunday, September 14, 2008

PHEW!!!

What a week! I guess it started a week and a half ago when Olivia got sick. She started throwing up on Thursday night and didn't stop until Sunday. Poor thing couldn't keep anything down! I felt so bad for her. Then on Monday she seemed fine until the diarrhea started that night. NIGHTMARE! That went on for 3 whole days. And to top it all off, Gary came home early with the same bug on Monday and was sick, sick, sick for 3 days. Now, in the middle of all this, on Wednesday this week our plumbing decided to get all clogged up. I had had it by then, and Olivia and I left our poor sick Daddy at home and went to sleep at Grandma's. We could use the toilet, but not the shower or the washer. I didn't want to chance using anything else, either. On Thursday (Olivia was better by then) we took a break and went to the zoo with Aunt Sherry, her boys, and Grandma. It was a PERFECT day at the zoo and a much needed, relaxing day. On Friday Gary finally went back to work and the plumber came to clean out our pipes! I started feeling much better, which was a good thing, because then I had to prepare a talk for church! Gary and I spoke in Sacrament Meeting today, and I can now say the week is OVER!!! And I only have one thing to say...THANK GOODNESS FOR GRANDMAS!!! They saved me this week. I hope next week is better...

4 comments:

Heather Tew said...

whew....I feel for ya, hope this week is better for you!!

Bry and Meliss said...

At least you didn't catch the bug...Glad you got the plumbing working!

Doug_Jen said...

So how did the talk in church go? I am glad to hear all is well and I know what you mena Kori had Strep adn was home for 3days and then the weekend needless to say a lot of homework and by Sun she was back up to par I could of died but thankfully noone else got it and so I am now hoping that we don't get it again.

cemarcano said...

Grandmas are blessings, aren't they? Both of my sisters gave talks on Sunday as well. Hmm. How'd it go? I can so understand the plumbing frustration! It certainly makes me grateful for working pipes now and a husband who seems to be able to fix anything. I was sure we'd have to call in the pros - but after a month, he finally got the job done.