Friday, April 3, 2009

Recovery...

Well, Olivia had her check up from her little surgery last week and the doctor said everything looks great! She doesn't sleep with oxygen at night anymore and he said her throat is healing just fine! He said to follow up with her regular doctor in a couple of months and to watch her at night to see if she still has some apnea. Based on what I've seen, I think she is completely free of sleep apnea and won't need a sleep study! It's so weird to lay by her at night and not know when she actually falls asleep because she is so quiet! Sometimes I whisper her name just to see if she is still awake! It's amazing. I sleep in my bed most nights (before I would end up in her room almost every night) and we both usually sleep all night long! It's amazing and I'm so glad we got those tonsils out when we did! She is back to her happy, energetic self. Most days, that is....

3 comments:

Nerissa said...

That is so awesome!! I'm glad she's feeling better!!

Kare Bear said...

I'm so glad she is doing better, sleeping and you are getting some rest now as well!!

Beverly said...

Hey--Julie just suggested you for me on Facebook and I saw you have a blog so I checked you out. What a darling little girl. We did the tonsil thing last year with my 4 year-old. It took a lot longer than I was prepared for for him to recover.

Anyway, it's great getting a peek into your life.